Thread: 2010 Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 03:23 PM   #8
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2010 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Monroe may not test well at the combine, but his knowledge for the game is incredibly high. He's a very smart player.

Considering how quickly the likes of Curry and Evans climbed the draft boards this year, Monroe may have been around the 8-10 spot. But personally, I would have taken him anywhere from 2-6.
I agree, but Monroe has to show the dominating ability in the college ranks before he declares. Right now hes a very good young player, but can you expect him to go for 20/10 immediately in the NBA? Can you even expect him to go for 20/10 in college?

He is one of the few guys who wants to improve in college before heading to the NBA, thats what a lot of people like about him and why I didnt expect him to come out early and he himself didnt even consider coming out.

Quote:
I don't know much about Cousins. I thought he was a PF/C type combo player. Am I correct in assuming he has good hands for big man? I was under the impression he did? He's definitly got good size, looks a little chubby though.
Hes more of a C than PF, just based on his role on the court and how he positions himself defensively looking for the block rather than actually defending. Cousins finishes strong at the basket, if you throw it up he'll get it and slam it down The player you're thinking about with the very good hands for a big man is probably Renardo Sidney.

Unfortunately for both they play extremely lazy, Cousins plays lazy on both ends back when he was considering Memphis I watched 4 of his games and when in the half court he did nothing but stand still and wait to get the ball and dunk. While Sidney did like what Melo did by taking off on defense to play on offense.

Back to Cousins, hes a very good player but some might wonder if the weak competition he faced in HS overrated him, he also disappeared in some games on the AAU circuit and in some All Star games facing equally highly ranked talent.

We'll see what KFC does for him, but his role may not warrant him enough touches to come out early but everything about him suggests he will no matter what.

Quote:
I just went and checked his stats and his rebounding per40 is damn impressive. He was getting 17.3 rebounds per 40, with 5.7 offensive boards per 40.

Blake Griffin averaged 17.3 rp40 with 4.4 orp40 and Blair had 18.1 rp40 with 8.8 orp40. So, Faried is definitly no stranger to the boards.

I look forward to watching this guy.
Hopefully ESPN doesn't **** with us this year, they should at least put some of the games on to watch Kenneth grab boards. Rebounding is just a convenient stat now, but there are some players who grab so many boards you actually are watching to see how many they grab when they play.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote