Thread: 2010 Draft
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 04:14 PM   #10
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: 2010 Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
I like that he wants to improve his game in college before taking on the pros. It shows real determination rather than just jumping for the paycheck (see Mullens this year). If he can have a good season at G'Town, it doesn't even have to be dominant (because that's not the player he is), then he should be a top pick next year, or maybe the year after, if he still feels he needs to improve.
Mullens left because his family was homeless, I am not kidding. They mentioned how he spent times throughout his childhood living in a homeless shelter.

Another thing I like about Monroe is that at least he has goals for college, I think his goal is to win a National Championship by the end of his Junior season and without early defections and a strong recruiting class in 2010 that could be possible.

I think with the depth at the 4 position next year, he must have a dominant season to rise above the rest.

With 1st Round, possible Lottery talent you're looking at:
Kenneth Faried
Craig Brackins
Jajuan Johnson
Derrick Favors
John Henson
Donuts
Milton Jennings
Patrick Patterson
Renardo Sidney
Gani Lawal
Ed Davis
Rashanti Harris
Jaymicheal Green

Everyone wont enter but that is serious talent you have to seperate yourself from.

Quote:
Sidney, yes that could have been who I was thinking of. Both are pretty damn big guys and are rather lazy. Sidney is going to Miss. State right? I liked that team when they had Charles Rhodes, I kind of lost interest once he left. Sidney and Vanardo should be interesting to watch.

Does Sidney actually have a nice touch from outside, or does he wish he does? Because I continuely hear about him shooting a lot of threes.
Sidney may not go to Mississippi State, they're currently investigating his eligibility or if he had violated it due to his father having some type of paid job by Reebok to coach an AAU team that Sidney played for.
Thats what I've heard.

Sidney is erratic like that, He has a nice touch from outside though but he doesnt realize that it makes more sense to work on your shooting in practice instead of trying them out in a game, Big Baby did that and now his mid range shot is effective.

Quote:
I've got a couple of Bulls games on DVD, where Rodman grabs a ridiculous amount of boards. One game he had 29, another game he had 27 and in the other I think he had 21.

I now only watch those DVDs just to watch Rodman grab rebounds. I also just skip over the game when he's not it.

It's also the same reason I got the first and second game of the season for Memphis on DVD, when Arthur grabbed 15 boards in the first and 10 (I think) in the second.

Another thing that stood out when I checked Faried's stats, was that he had 25 double doubles. How many did Griffin have? 30, was it? Not bad for Faried.
Yeah rebounding is very impressive when you can grab so many espescially if you really arent a factor scoring the ball on offense, so people essentially are watching you on the court to see you do your role.

If you can rebound very well, you will last very long in the NBA if you're a somewhat undersized big man.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote