View Single Post
Old 07-04-2009, 08:32 AM   #14
momo
Value Ape.

Default Re: Lets just call it what it is shall we? L.A Fakers

Lake fans really are fortunate.

Think about this. I am 40 and have loved that team for at least 35 years of my life. In my lifetime they have missed they playoffs exactly 4 times.

4 times peoples. That's just stupefying.

They may not have always been in contention for a ring, but that is what it is. They put a good product out on the floor. And have been in the mix for a title, with a decent shot, or even as a dark horse so often it is silly.

And they have won the title 10 times in my lifetime. A quarter of my life they are champs. INSANE.

On top of all that, they have won the west 22 times. Just in my lifetime. I do not know if that holds weight for younger cats, as people now seem to regard anyone who does not win in the finals as a LOOSER, but when I was young, winning the west was like a big deal. It was like winning the rose bowl. I was not crushed if we won the west and did not take the championship as a kid. Just disappointed.

As for the incongruity of the name, real lake fans know the history of the team and are in touch with it. It is one of the original names. Heck, I thought the Bobcats should have try'd to get the rights to be the zephyrs. It is OG :P
momo is offline   Reply With Quote