View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #27
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Hakeem Olajuwon is beginning to become quite overrated here.

Overall:

Kareem --> Wilt --> Russell --> Shaq --> Olajuwon (Depending on my bball mood I interchange Kareem and Wilt hehe)

Overall IMO = playing ability, career achievements, legacy, innovation and impact on the game. For me that last part has always propelled Russell above Hakeem and Shaq, Russell basically caused a paradigm shift in the game of basketball.

Peak playing ability:

Wilt --> Kareem --> Shaq --> Olajuwon --> Russell(?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers_forever
No. I guess it's maybe their were not the defensive anchor of a 11 time winning team.
Okay, but Ben Wallace was the defensive anchor of a 1-time winning team, which is 1 more championship than a lot of HOFers/future HOFers and an amazing accomplishment in itself. So why wouldn't he get the same recognition?

ShaqAttack makes a lotta good points, which is why I don't even know if Russell is top 5 in peak ability because of his sore lack of offensive game...
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote