View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 01:08 AM   #48
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Showtime you typed a bunch of nothing. Which isnt surprising. The point that skilled thru one ear and out the other because your mind was on idle? Is that those guys and Ike have something in common? None of them at this point in thier careers is worth typing about. Not worth comparing, arguing who is better etc etc etc. They've proven zilch and had thier moments which allows us to say "every dog has its day".

It seems you can't seem to grasp the point. You said Ike wasn't any better than those players. Well, none of those player have the talent Ike has, and none of those players' best is close to Ike's best, which was the point. They are not the same level of players. For guys like Bowen, that's as good as he can be, and Ike has already proven to be much better.

Quote:
Ike has been a huge disappointment coming out of college where he was successful. Success at the next level is tough for him to achieve much like getting minutes because he simply is clueless to the game and how its played. Which is why he hasnt stayed in 1 place too long. You can keep typing up his potential, upside over that of a Armstrong. Means little when Ike is playing for team number what again?

How many teams did Billups go through in his first few years? Part of it was understanding the game, and part of it was getting on the right team and in the right situation. Ike has NEVER been in the right situation that used a post scorer because that's what he is. If you want a Jeff Foster, go get a Jeff Foster type guy, but teams expect him to be what he is not, and never given him a good chance to come in and do what he does best. There have been plenty of guys who weren't impressive until they got in the right situation. Look at what Salmons did when he got minutes and the ball in sacramento compared to the limited role the sixers let him have. Now, he's considered one of the biggest bargains in the league for his overall game and before, people like you were writing him off as a scrub in philly.

Quote:
Sad part is if it doesnt work out in N.O, you'll be feeding me the same argument like a parrot as Ike tries again for another franchise. At some point you need to let go of this projection your mind seems to be stuck on and address the player for what he is today. Or you can invest in a magic 8 ball, shake it up while asking if Ike will amount to anything close to a productive NBA player. Might get a better response with that.

Fact: Ike has produced whenever he's gotten significant minutes. You can see his averages on the previous page where he's played 30+ minutes.

Fact: Ike has had very good showings against quality opponents, like Nene, so it's not just empty stats against scrubs.

You keep acting like I'm talking about POTENTIAL and what he MIGHT do, and he's ALREADY PROVEN what he can do on the floor when he has gotten significant time. That's the difference. He's already shown he can play. With starter minutes, he's produced like a starter. You can't argue that, because I've already posted the numbers. I'm not talking about Ike like it's a fantasy of what he can become, I'm talking about what he can be based upon what he has already done on the court.

It's ok to say you are wrong. It's plain as day you don't know much about Marks, Bowen, Ely, Armstrong, etc. Just take this as a learning experience and stfu about things you know nothing about, because it's clear you probably haven't even watched ten hornet games the past two or three seasons. Those guys could only dream of having a 20/10 game.

Last edited by Showtime : 08-03-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote