View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 02:50 PM   #50
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Default Re: Ike Diogu signs with Hornets

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Who cares about Ike's "talent". Kwame Brown has more talent than Reggie Evans. You wont find many running to Kwame Brown over Reggie Evans. The point you seem to be struggling to grasp which is amusing (brain still on idle, blame it on the offseason?) is that adding Ike doesnt make N.O any better. His addition in comparison to the other guys isnt an upgrade. Now you can sit there with hope and a pocket full of blind faith that Ike will PROVE his addition was an improvement/upgrade. But until that happens? You are just projecting much like you are continuing to do with Ike's career.

I think you have no idea what "talent" is, because Kwame doesn't have it. I'm talking about ability, which Ike has, and has proven to have when he gets PT and the ball.

Quote:
Ike is so proven and so much better than Bowen (whom is a player that you know what you're getting already) that he cant stick with 1 franchise let alone get decent playing time. So much for all this talent and your BS (fact, fact, fact, fact) stats Ike put up when given significant minutes (in meaningless games).

Maybe you should leave the so called facts alone and write fiction.

It's ok to admit you haven't even seen Bowen play with the hornets. It's ok to say you probably haven't seen Ike play either, let alone tear up Nene. Just admit you don't know wtf you are talking about.

Quote:
Comparing Ike to Billups? Wow. How many teams has Darko and Kwame Brown gone through? Pretty much counters the Billups usage.

The difference is Darko and Kwame were ALL hype about their POTENTIAL, and I'm talking about a guy WITH that ability not in the right situation, not a guy who was all hype. Darko and Kwame never had the ability they were hyped to have, and Ike does. He just needs the right place to show people like you who never saw him play that he is legit.

Quote:
And I never wrote Salmons off in Philly nor did I call him a scrub. So you are wrong. And that my friend is a FACT. You got to exagerrate and make up stuff to support your argument? Weak.

Are you seriously that dense? I said you were the TYPE of guy who wrote him off. Check the quote: "people like you were writing him off as a scrub in philly". Meaning, if I used your logic, I would be one of the many people who are quick to write off players like him and Ike. I never said you specifically called Salmons a bust. But once again, you are an idiot.

Quote:
And you keep missing the part where i said Ike lacks things about his game to warrant significant playing time. He has a poor understanding of the game when throw into the fire where his performance/production needs to impact and be benenficial to the team.

If that's the case, then why does he produce like a starter every time he's gotten significant minutes? What he's actually done throws a big wrench in your argument. When a guy who gets 30 minutes puts up 20/9, then he obviously understands something about the game and isn't a Bowen level scrub.

Quote:
You fail to answer why he doesnt get minutes. Its not because he plays behind all nba first team players. All this "Talent" he has "proven" when given minutes sure does zilch when he cant win a coach and franchise over for them to be confident in giving him those minutes.

I've already explained why he doesn't get minutes. He's never been on a team that used a post scorer off the bench, or on a team that thought of him as a piece and not a contract commodity. When a player on a team says he has no idea why he doesn't play because he's the BEST player when they practice, doesn't have off court issues, comes to work like a pro, etc, then there's obviously not something wrong with the player.

Quote:
The difference? Oh he has more "talent" than the others. Yet at the end of the day when you look at the overall picture he didnt help the team no more than they did. Ike can prove me wrong and make me eat every last word by actually praying to Chris Saint Paul he ressurects his playing career. Nothing you are saying is proving anyting wrong on my end.

A guy can only prove his best when he gets a chance. So hopefully that question will finally be decided with the hornets, because that will be out of the way.

Quote:
I'm wrong about zero kid. You have a hard on for a kid with potential. Perhaps you move away from the window as you poke thru the blinds look at the future play on the slides.

It's ok to admit you haven't seen them play. Because it's obvious you haven't.

Quote:
Are those isolated games that much to brag about in Ike's case?

Not brag, just to prove they are NOT the same players. Just because they are bench bigs who haven't gone beyond small roles doesn't mean they are on the same level, and doesn't mean Ike isn't a better player. You said Ike isn't any better, and that shows you don't know much about them. And not because Ike is the sh!t, but because of how bad and limited those other guys are. I really don't get why this is so hard to comprehend: guys like Bowen have hit their ceiling. That's the best they can hope to be: a practice guy who is the 12th man. That's not the ceiling for what Ike has already proven he can do on the floor.

Last edited by Showtime : 08-03-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote