View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far
Default Why Is Everyone So Excited?

I don't get why fans are so optimistic when it comes to this team. I've been a fan since the mid 80s and would love to think that this team stood a chance, but the fact is, they don't. Chris Cohan has owned this team for 14 years and has only had 1 playoff appearance so why expect another one with this current team? Do people honestly think that this team is better than the one they had when they made the playoffs?

I am optimistic about one thing and thats Anthony Randolph. With his height (6'11) and his versatility, this guy could be a better version of Garnett since KG can't handle the ball like AR. I can see Randolph be a 20 point, 11 rebound, 5 assists and 2 blocks player but I can't see it when its playing next to Jackson, Ellis and Curry. Ellis wants to be the star of this team and he'll take 25 shots a game to try and prove that which is bad news for Randolph. AR should be the future of this team, not Ellis or Curry.

In the end, its not going to matter, because he's going to be gone within 5 years because winning just isn't a priority for Chris Cohan. Why else would you trade a guy who averaged 19 points, 6.7 rebounds and 2 assists in the playoffs for a draft pick (Brandan Wright), who in 3 years, has yet to make it on the court on a consistent basis. So why expect to win when the owner of the team puts winning as a distant second or third? The drafting of Curry only adds excitement so that he can sell tickets for fans to come out and watch a team score 105 points a game. Unfortunately, they'll give up 109 points to opposing teams, but he's putting fans in the stands and that means more money for him. This team needed beef, not another 6'3 combo guard. Hell, I would of just re-signed Watson instead.

This team will go 34-48 and get the 10th pick of the draft and will probably pick someone like Willie Warren, a 6'4 PG/SG out of Oklahoma while passing up guys like Monroe, Aminu, Patterson and Lawal.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote