View Single Post
Old 11-19-2006, 09:17 PM   #1
Seņor Cedric
why live??

Seņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSeņor Cedric is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Unhappy OT: Employment question

I started my jo bas a Paint Chemist in May, and the company that I work for knew I was having an ACL reconstruction in September and were fine with that.

For the last 2 months I have been getting weekly compensation from ACC (NZ's accident compensation company). I am now fit for work again, my doctor has cleared me for full duties, and work say there is no work for me, and I received the following text message from my boss:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idiot boss
Hi Ryan unable to find any copies of contract. We will hold a position open for when the shop and CWA takes off. At present we are taking only couple hundred a week and cannot afford more staff. When you came on board in May we needed a full timer. You were never able to fulfil that position view health and other reasons therefore we had to make other arrangements. We have your number and will give you 1st refusal when a position arises.

So they want to offer me a job selling paint in a shop when I return? WTF? And until then I should survive without pay?

Do you guys think it's time to get my lawyer involved? I know NZ law is different from US law, but it seems pretty dodgy.

They gave someone else my job, so it's not like they can terminate my employment because there is no job for me.
Seņor Cedric is offline   Reply With Quote