View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #9
iTwistAnkles
Walk Like a Man

iTwistAnkles has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: how to sweat less?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashoebox
ok so it sounds stupid rite? but honestly is there any method to sweat less? i'm a disgusting sweaty beast everytime i ball inside a gym with decent ac, and balling outdoors is even worse. my entire shirt changes into a darker shade of whatever color i'm wearing and I don't even think i'm out of shape. even on a cloudy day i'll end up sweating everywhere and all over my shirt.
I am 5'11, weighing in at 155 pounds with a 27ish vertical (i can barely touch rim with fresh legs, and definitely cannot when tired). I am able to run a 6 min 30 sec mile time and I play ball around 3 times a week more or less. I don't think i'm out of shape and I always feel good when working out or balling, but is there anyway to sweat less or is it just my body's physiology and there is no way to change it? any thoughts guys?

o yea and i'm usually hydrated most of the day. I drink 6-8 cups of water (my definition of cup is the equivalent to the arrowhead spring water bottles). i always hydrate before and after playing and then i go eat.

I sweat a lot when i go my hardest, and thats usually all the time. It pisses people off in my neighberhood, because its like im playing against little boys. I hit puberty early and sweat a lot too and im 16, ppl i play with in my neighberhood are 14 - 18, so yeah they aint use to it. but when i play with men, nobodys complaining and everybodys sweating.

my best advice is to wear a ****, plane black or white or any colour, and wear a jersey over it. it helps a lot. take it off ounce you get to the park and when you start to sweat put on the jersey. and 5'11 and cant touch rim? man thats bad if you want to get somewhere in basketball, do some air alert or any other jump program.

i dont know your situtation, but if it bothers people, tell them to stfu. if u sweat a lot in organized ball, that dosent matter.
iTwistAnkles is offline   Reply With Quote