View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #44
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: James Worthy vs Dominique Wilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
You're right, because Worthy's role was really comparable to Bird's. Bird had some of the most legendary performances ever, put up some of the greatest numbers ever, won 3 straight MVP's and had an argument for the MVP award just about every season until his injury.

If you can't see the difference between saying 'Nique could replace Bird and 'Nique could replace Worthy then I don't even see why I'm arguing with you.
You act as if any retard could fill in Worthy's shoes and their would be a championship regardless, which is totally false. Totally false, There are certain players out there who were 1st options their entire career and wouldn't be able to play in a 2nd or 3rd option role and Dominique is probably one of them. Kobe is one of them when he was forced to play a 2nd option role in the 3-peat and he couldn't handle it because he felt disrespected, Sure 3 championships, but there could have been so much more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIZARRO
This is the most ridiculous post I've read this year on ISH (and that's saying something).

This thread shows just how many of you never watched either, as a lot of you are spewing complete b.s..

I watched Worthy since his Junior year at Carolina and his whole pro career as Big Game James. There is a reason Magic Johnson stated and I quote "James Worthy was one of the top 10 -- top five -- players in playoff history..." And that's from Magic. Finals MVP, Final Four MVP, #1 Overall Pick, James Worthy is one of the 2 or 3 most underrated players on ISH (along with Oscar). Jordan also has stated in a radio interview that he may take Worthy over Kobe. Once again this is from players who KNOW the quality of his game.

This may sound like blasphemy now, but in '87 in the Finals the word was beginning that many considered Wothy a Top 5 player in the game at the time which lasted for the late '80's. Once again, if you weren't there you would have no idea. Here's Pat Riley: "I don't think there has been or will be a better small forward than James, and I don't think people appreciated that," said his coach, Pat Riley, to the Los Angeles Daily News upon Worthy's retirement. "He was always such a quiet guy. But when he was in his prime, I can guarantee you, there wasn't anybody who could touch him."

If you think a malcontent like Mark Aguirre was better than Worthy, you have ZERO idea about the game of basketball. Period.

Worthy had sick skills, athleticism, drive, size, IQ. He was the total package.

I have no problem with anyone saying 'Nique was a little better as he was an AMAZING offensive player. But I'll take Worthy all day if I'm starting a team.
Repped.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote