View Single Post
Old 06-19-2006, 01:34 PM   #31
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
But even if Bart turns into Dirk Nowitzski overnight he still doesn't fit and he still doesn't solve any team needs.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this little nugget from geewiz. So if the Raptors knew that Bargnani would 100% turn into Dirk (hypothetical situation here) then they still shouldn't take him because that wouldn't fit a need?? I'm willing to bet all the money I have that there isn't a single GM in the NBA who would think this way.

Bottom line is you have the 1st overall pick, you take the player who you think will be the best player in the draft eventually. It sure looks like the Raptors management doesn't think that of Aldridge. The Raptors need talent in any form and any position, this isn't a time to just go for the safe pick.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote