View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 11:40 PM   #197
onewickedlady
Not your average OWL

onewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputationonewickedlady has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Our "one" Panther thread

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....html?bcnn=yes

Don Banks > INSIDE THE NFL

Snap Judgments from Week 1

Story Highlights
Jake Delhomme may be done in Carolina -- and I mean toast

Jake Delhomme may be done in Carolina. I mean toast. Finito. It's going to take all the faith John Fox can muster to stand behind his beleaguered starting QB this time, recent contract extension or not. After months of telling everyone that Delhomme's five-turnover meltdown in the Panthers' home playoff loss against Arizona last January was an aberration, not the rule, Delhomme went out on that same field and turned the ball over five more times (four interceptions and a fumble lost) in an uglier-than-it-sounds 38-10 loss to the visiting Eagles.

Fox benched Delhomme in the second half, after his fifth turnover, and you wonder how the Panthers head coach can possibly run him out there again. I know this much: It's a lucky break for Delhomme that Carolina faces two road games (at Atlanta, at Dallas) and a Week 4 bye before returning to Bank of America Stadium in Week 5 against Washington. Maybe some of the stench of the Panthers' opener and Delhomme's latest debacle will have faded by then.
onewickedlady is offline   Reply With Quote