View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 03:34 AM   #22
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Official All-Time Houston Rockets Roster

Quote:
well that was a team that was struggling the next season. they weren't desperate but they needed a boost and that's where drexlers impact came in.
struggling? 29-17 with thorpe, .500 with drexler.
Quote:
In my opinion McGrady has had little impact in houston success, atleast post season success. Again he's not all to blame, between injuries, Yao Ming injuries, and supporting cast, but were talking about impact in houston, not individual accomplishments while wearing a rockets jersey.
oh so impact only means championships to you? put t-mac on those '95 rockets in place of drexler and seriously say to me that you think they wouldn't win atleast as many games as those rockets did. mcgrady has been the rockets best player 3 different seasons, drexler was the rockets second best player by a very wide margin. impact takes circumstance into the equation, and if you don't have alot of help and are the best player in your team while winning 60% of your games you have a bigger impact than a player who has the second best player in the nba as a teammate, and are barely scraping over .500.
Quote:
But regardless, mac is not the shooting guard that has made the biggest impact in rockets history. his impact that your claiming is based on his first season as a rocket. the stats are there but the results aren't and stats are strictly individual accomplishments if there are no results.
the result is leading his team as far as it could go. dominating during the regular season, and playing even better in the playoffs. you couldn't ask him to do anymore.
Quote:
well that's just my opinion. its a good list nonetheless. I just feel this list, unlike you stated, is based on individual accomplishments, the stats and numbers which is fine.
it is based on impact, circumstance, production, wins, and games played.
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote