View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 05:11 AM   #24
Shep
Decent college freshman

Shep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat coolShep is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: The Official All-Time Houston Rockets Roster

Quote:
well that was point of the move, regardless of the outcome. struggling, not really but they were looking for a move that will give them the boost. i don't even remember if thats accurate that they went .500 with Clyde but that's why Clyde's impact is that he helped bring another championship to houston because maybe its just me but i guess i regard post season impact and success at alot higher steep than any regular season individual statistics.
it was .500 with drexler. look it up. and with houston playing much better with thorpe, it would be fair to say that they still would've won the championship if they did not make that trade. hell, the way olajuwon was playing in those playoffs they probably still would've won without either thorpe or drexler. ofcourse playoff stats are important, but you have got to include things like circumstance, eg. teammates, situations.. sure winning championships are nice, but what if you can't get to those situations because you lack help? fair enough if you put up empty stats on the worst team in the nba - you don't deserve recognition, but if you are a part of a successful team, a playoff team, and are the best player on that team, with a trash supporting cast like tmac had you definately deserve recognition, and that recognition, in this case is one of a number of things that results in him being the starting shooting guard in the all time houston rockets roster.
Quote:
you want to talk about circumstances, production, and wins? lol! i don't want to do this to t-mac but you want to talk about circumstances?? how about post season, game 7, late in the 4th quarter... you wan't to talk about production?? yeah there was none. he shy'd away from those moments. He was none present. yeah go ahead put t-mac on those 94-95 rockets, who knows what would have happened. i do know one thing is that clyde has had playoff success before houston. and clyde went to houston past his prime and still had a big impact. saying he was the 2nd best player by a wide margin says more about how great a center Hakeem was, but it doesn't take away from his impact on the rockets.
obviously his impact was worse than that of otis thorpe's, atleast in terms of wins. are you talking about that game 7 where the rockets players not named ming or mcgrady combined for 16 total points, or the game 7 where he had 29 points and 13 assists?
Shep is offline   Reply With Quote