View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #12
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Default Re: FINISHING AT THE RIM using Athletic ability

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
So you are saying Nate Robinson has minimal athletic ability? He is 185 and is only a little over 5'7. Jameer Nelson is listed at 6'0 (but he ain't no 6'0) and he is 190. Ty Lawson is 5'11 195... I think these guys can move just fine.

I'm not talking about eating a bunch of double cheeseburgers and gain 40 pounds of fat, but getting in the gym and gaining some muscle. He will get thrown around at 145... that is way to skinny. He can probably be about 165 and be alright, but most people who play basketball are skinny and at 5'10 185 you are a little freight train. I know this... I am 5'11 195 (not fat) and use it to my advantage.

Okay, still didn't think Nelson, Lawson, and Robinson weighed that much but I guess if it works. Still they are professional athletes with professional trainers and dieticians which we/he does not have. Plus putting on 30-40 lbs overnight isn't feasible so I guess we need a solution for now.

I agree with the posters below talking about having that finesse and finishing at the hoop. You have to be slithery when you are slimmer than the other guys. Get between them, seal them off with your leg or your off arm (but don't hook), get them in the air then go under them.

When I have to go to the rim on bigger people I usually try to just seal them, or be slithery like I said. If they insist on getting in my way or stepping up I will go at them full steam chest to chest and literally try to posterize them, or get swatted. I will try to put them on the floor if they don't get out of the way, until they call offensive foul but in a lot of cases they are in motion so it will be a no call or in your favor.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote