View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #18
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation
Default Re: Wesley Matthews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Don't see this big difference you're geting all worked up over.
This is insane. There is clearly a difference in the level of play. Things appear to be turning around right now, but the start was terrible compared to last year's basketball.

Quote:
I do? I've said all along if you watch other teams load up while making minor moves despite having major holes in your rotation and counting on scrubs you're going to have problems and of course continuing to go on with the same coach that has never gotten the job done(happy?) this should be expected. Not to mention they are choosing to play short-handed despite having an open roster spot. No excuse for that. Just typical Jazz bull.

This doesn't constitute an argument to explain the slow start. In fact, all it does is support one of the premises of the problem: the team is essentially identical to last year (rotation, coach).

Quote:
I'd say Boozer/Brewer/Fesenko/Matthews(the latter two who shouldn't even be playing) have plenty of motivation. Their coach("what could I do by calling a time-out" LOL!!!) hasn't looked motivated for a long time that much is certain.

I already said Matthews looked like he had motivation, and perhaps the team in general lacked motivation. Boozer has looked motivated when people are watching, but his defensive effort against bad teams indicates a lack of motivation. Brewer is a constant, and a roleplayer. Fesenko barely plays.

The lack of motivation hypothesis can explain why we can beat good teams and win our nationally televised games, but fail to take care of lesser teams. The same roster, same coach hypothesis cannot hope to explain the slow start. It is insanity to expect constants to explain change!
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote