View Single Post
Old 12-05-2009, 01:25 PM   #5
MMM
877-954-1893

MMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation hereMMM has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: houston out/ tennessee in ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcjt
Tenn would need 4 of the 5 teams still in it to lose 3 out of their next 5 games while they win out. It's just not going to happen

If Tenn wins out they would need at miniumum

Jets to lose at least once
NYJ @ TB
ATL @ NYJ
NYJ @ IND
CIN @ NYJ
looking at their schedule i can see 2-3 loses but it also depends on whether those teams in week 16-17 are resting their guys. Jets curently own the head-to-head vs the Titans and have a better conf record.

Mia to lose once
NE @ MIA
MIA @ JAC
MIA @ TEN
HOU @ MIA
PIT @ MIA
They play a lot of the teams that are in contention so it is hard to tell how they will fare.

Balt to lose at least twice
BAL @ GB
DET @ BAL
CHI @ BAL
BAL @ PIT
BAL @ OAK
Balt could lose 2 games but I see 3 easy wins and 2 games that could go either way. Tenn is going to need a lot of luck to finish ahead of the Ravens.

Pit to lose at least twice
OAK @ PIT
PIT @ CLE
GB @ PIT
BAL @ PIT
PIT @ MIA
Pit is on a 3 game lose streak and are a bit dinged up so it is possible that they lose twice. However the next 2 weeks should get them back in the W margin.

Jags to lose at least twice
HOU @ JAC
MIA @ JAC
IND @ JAC
JAC @ NE
JAC @ CLE
The Jags have the toughest schedule left of the teams in contention. In fact it is possible that the Jags might have a losing record at the end of the season

That would put them all at 7 loses.
Now if one of these scenarios fail then they would need the Broncos to lose 3
DEN @ KC
DEN @ IND
OAK @ DEN
DEN @ PHI
KC @ DEN
Which doesn't look good.

Anyways I wont give up on the titans and their very very slim playoff hopes but they are not as thin as you think.
MMM is offline   Reply With Quote