View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 10:41 AM   #1
TMT
#1 Spurs Fan

TMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation hereTMT has an incredible reputation here
Default Matt Bonner breaks right hand

Quote:
Spurs center-forward Matt Bonner has something in common with Lakers star Kobe Bryant: Just like Bryant, he can make shots after breaking a bone in his shooting hand.

Unlike Bryant, who broke the index finger on his right hand on Dec. 11 and has continued to play, Bonner is going to miss quite a few games.

At some point late in the first quarter of Saturday's Spurs-Pacers game at the AT&T Center, Bonner broke the fourth metacarpal — the bone in the meaty part of the hand that leads to the ring finger — on his right hand.

X-rays taken at the arena showed a partial fracture, and the initial diagnosis does not appear to indicate a need for surgery to repair the bone. Bonner will be re-examined on Monday before a final timetable for his return is announced, but he is certain to miss a significant number of games. He is optimistic his hiatus will last no more than a month.

“It's not broken all the way through, so it should heal itself in about four weeks,” he said. “That's about it.”

Bonner could not recall how the fracture occurred.

“I don't remember exactly when I did it,” he said. “But I was 3 for 3 after the broken hand.”

Bonner made three baskets late in the first period, then was removed from the game between the first and second periods and sent to the X-ray room.

“(Losing Matt) is huge for us,” Spurs captain Tim Duncan said. “Hopefully, it's a quick one and he gets back with us, but it's a big loss. He really plays some good minutes for us and changes the look on the floor. We'll have to adjust without him and hope he gets back soon.”

Tough loss for us as Bonner is a big man who can really spread the floor for us and give Duncan better looks down low. Looks like an opportunity has just opened up for more minutes for Haislip, Mahinmi or Ratliff though.
TMT is offline   Reply With Quote