View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 04:56 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.

Default Re: Gilbert Arenas pleads guilty as part of plea bargain - Jail Time expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
What are you talking about? It's not because we're opposed to gun laws, or because any of us like Gilbert personally. It's because he's a rich and famous professional athlete.

Are you seriously suggesting that celebrities should be subject to the same laws and punishments as regular folk? Because it's not happening. If Tom Selleck walked into your house right now, killed you and your entire family, waited until the police arrived, and confessed to the murders, he would probably still get aquitted or get like 6 months in jail and 20 hours of community service. Think about it and tell me I'm wrong.

I would like the laws to be the same, yes. im aware they aren't but i definitely would like it. As a puerto rican who would automatcially be sent to rikers till i died if they found me with a gun, the fact celebrities get off is annoying but what can you do.

i really dont want gilbert to lose everything - i kind of hope he doesnt get his contract voided even though basketball wise that would be more interesting. But i cant feel bad he might go to jail for a few months for what a normal person would do years. i just cant...
niko is offline   Reply With Quote