View Single Post
Old 04-20-2010, 02:36 PM   #369
Arti
I hit open layups

Arti has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Round 1, Game 1, April 18: San Antonio Spurs at Dallas Mavericks

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinJDW
This is going to be a good Series. If Spurs win Game 2, then Spurs in 6. If the Mavs win Game 2, then Mavs in 5. Yes, I believe its that important.

Now I thought the officiating was a bit one-sided, but I am not going to sit here and complain about it. Whats done is done. I do however miss the days when only the big men who fought and clawed their way in the paint deserved the calls. I really don't understand why Dirk gets the calls that he gets. I mean the guy almost never enters the paint and only shoots mid-range fadeaways. Why does he deserve the call? Why does he always get the benefit of the doubt? Why does he get 10-15 free throws a game when the guy plays freaking 20 feet from the basket? Then when a defender gets a little physical with him and tries to make getting a good shot off difficult for Dirk, the refs act like the world exploded and blow the shit out of their whistles.

I mean think about it for a second. You would think that a guy who gets a lot of calls and spends a lot of time at the free throw line would be someone who constantly drives the ball and takes a lot of contact. But Dirk doesn't take contact. With Dirk's game, the most contact he ever gets is a slight grace on the elbow, and for some reason, that is enough to call a foul 20 feet from the basket. I mean for real now, this is the Playoffs. Stop rewarding players who take no risks and just take 20 foot mid-range fadeaways. I mean really, how many other players in the League can just take that same shot alone and still get 10-15 free throws a game?
Actually Dirk puts the ball on the floor and gets fouled going to the basket quite a bit. Anyone who has watched him in the last 5 years knows that.
Arti is offline   Reply With Quote