View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #37
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation
Default Re: San Antonio Spurs @ Dallas Mavericks Game Thread (Mavs lead series 1-0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMT
I don't even know what to say about Richard Jefferson. Is it a confidence issue, or is he just headed downhill, is it the Spurs' system? I don't know. But for a guy, who is expected to be a difference maker and a major scoring option on this team, to only take 4 shot attempts in a playoff game is outrageous. You scored 20 PPG last season, RJ. Did you leave your skill set in Milwaukee? Step it up.

Great post BTW. just want to comment on this part though. Jefferson never had to play with Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, and Manu Ginobili (all players with high usage-%) in Milwaukee. Last season Jefferson lead the Bucks in minutes played, field goal attempts, free throw attempts, and points. Needless to say, big difference from this season. Personally, I put about 65% of the blame on Jefferson himself for being unconfident and slow-to-adapt this season, but I also place a good 35% of the blame on the coaching staff and point guards (particularly Parker) for not having "go to" plays and offensive game plans designed with RJ in mind. Of the 78 FGA last game for SA, the big three took 52 of those shots. Considering Jefferson averages basically 40 MPG and 11 FGA in previous playoffs, there just wasn't alot of looks for him in his 32 minutes, and picking up two early fouls undoubtedly hampered his game... Basically, I def agree he needs to step up, but he needs more opportunities to do it IMO.
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote