View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 AM   #182
CryinInTheCar
I hit open layups

CryinInTheCar is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: Future of Dirk Nowitzki and Mavs now that Spurs eliminated them in round 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Ball PharmD
That is an intriguing idea, if it actually happened...I heard some broadcasters for the Jazz/Nugs games saying that Boozer probably wants to leave UT after this season. I think DWill and Dirk would work well together as Deron likes to attack the rim but also facilitates (better than Wade in this regard, and definitely better than Kidd), while Dirk likes to shoot. They could pick and roll well, and Williams is another LEGIT scoring option who performs strongly in the playoffs (unlike every Mav outside of Dirk.) Throw in the good/unselfish Jazz role players (who also perform well in the playoffs) and the great, veteran coach Sloan...and I think you would have a VERY strong contender. I am not sure how Mehmet Okur would fit in, especially at Center...they would need to also trade for a Legit center or have a reserve center step up their game big time.

Not sure if it is realistic, but what if it was Dirk + Haywood for Okur + Boozer or some variation of that?

I could see dirk going to the nets if they get wall or turner. God knows the russian will pay dirk the money he wants. The nets could also sign someone like rudy gay.

Harris
Turner
Gay
Dirk
Lopez

Twill
Lee
Yi
Hayes
2 rookies off the bench.
CryinInTheCar is offline   Reply With Quote