View Single Post
Old 05-05-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Re: In their primes: Joey Galloway or Keyshawn Johnson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Galloway prime was shortlived. Wonder how the stats stack up. Pretty sure Galloway beats him or its close in TD receptions. Deep ball threat so the ypc is in his favor as well. But they were 2 different kind of WRs. I like the physical aspect of Meshawn. He took big hits, made tough catches and was a great blocker.

Really cant explain 106 catches 1 TD. I'd have to sit here and recall that season. What year was that?

2001. His 2nd season with the Bucs. His first year with Tampa was opposite, he had like 70 rec with 8 or 9 TDs.

It really was a weird season for Meshawn. He barely averaged 11 ypc that season, so he was strictly a possession WR. He was NEVER a YAC guy, that's why he never got a ton of TDs despite his high number of rec.

And Tampa sucked offensively that year, so it's not like we were scoring a lot and just not lettin Meshawn in on the fun I remember the opening game of that season, I was at the Bucs/Cowboys game, and that was Quincy Carter's first start (Brad Johnson's first start for Tampa too). This was when the Cowboys were just brutal (in the midst of three or four straight 5-11 seasons if I remember correctly) and Tampa's only TD that game was a Brad Johnson QB sneak. We won 10-6. THAT's how bad our offense was that season.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote