Thread: AAU Basketball
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #8
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: AAU Basketball

I played AAU when I was younger but it retrospect it honestly feels a little like overkill. I guess I understand the logic of basketball being available to all those who wish to participate a lot, but there's something about AAU, from a coaches' perspective, that just seems a little over the top and kind of dirty. The motivation seems to sort of shift from just having fun to hyper-competition and feeding players to the old guys in sweatsuits who want you to come play for them.

Again though, it seems like a fulfilling experience to a lot of kids, so I can't really dispute that. Maybe it's the recruiting process I object to; as if these guys are trying to court all these players. It feels creepy and a little unsavory.

I guess it depends on what a player is looking to get out of playing basketball.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote