View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 07:19 PM   #7
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rugby star may sign with NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
I don't know about the amount of gameplanning and everything in rugby, but it doesn't really matter, he still I assume knows nothing about actually playing football. It'd be like me trying to join the high school's soccer team. Physically I'm better than most, at least on par, but I don't know shit but put the ball in the net.

The guy's only 23 though, still a steep learning curve, but plenty of time to develop. Football isn't exactly rocket science.

Actually the way the NFL plays it's actually very complicated. Like the other guy mentioned, blitz packages, route running, blocking schemes, audibles, etc.. Teams in the NFL spend countless hours on little things like checking out of plays, positional defense, etc. It's a huge learning curve. I know for a fact that this guy won't be able to play a offensive position and he'll have to play as a DE where you don't need to be the einstein of the team.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote