View Single Post
Old 06-22-2006, 11:35 AM   #14
Sham
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Zaza
I'm a Knicks fan. A big one. Have been one for years. I love Ewing and Starks, and Riley, and Frazier, and DeBushere, I even voted for Bradley.

This team makes me absolutely f-ing crazy. The only thing worse than the players is the front office. The front office is WORSE than the players. As selfish and overpaid and poorly constructed you think the team and players are, the front office is worse.

THERE IS NO PLAN. THERE IS NO STRUCTURE. EVERY MOVE IS JUST A KNEE JERK REACTION TO THE MOVE BEFORE IT.

Marbury misses a handful of games -- Do they ride it out, knowing its a long season? No, they immediately trade for Jalen. Davis and his specatcular service record, makes one mistake and misses some games. The only player with toughness and defense. Do they ride it out? No, they gotta trade him.

The needed a center so badly, the spend 30mil once than 50 mill AND 2 draft picks last summer. But you already bought a Center - why buy another one?

What did they think was going to happen when they got Brown? Magic? They brought him in without any players to suit his style. Sometimes it takes longer than a season to get the right mix of players and system. Sometimes progress is gradual.

Brown's first season with the 76ers was awful. As was his first season with the Spurs.

This constant upheaval is maddening.

Sure, there are always personnel changes but the systems, the strategies, the mangement and the main players stay in place. Haslem-Wade-VG/Riley have been together 3 years - Shaq another 2. The whole of the pistons. TD-Pop-Manu-TP-Buford.

I cannot beleive this is my team. In the old days I would laugh at teams like this. Teams that cannot keep a coach, keep changing players and always wind up with nothing. Now, we have the bad record and the bad front-office and the lack of a superstar, system, or plan for the future.

There has got to be aplan. A three-year plan would be great. Assembling players and coaches who fit each other as part of a common goal for improvement.

THERE IS NO PLAN!.

I really feel for you NY fans man. As much as I hate NY fans...part of me really feels sorry for you guys too.

Isiah needs to go. I can't believe he's going to be both GM and coach now. This is getting absurd.
Sham is offline   Reply With Quote