View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 05:37 PM   #24
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who plays weak-side and strong-side LBs in the NFL?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDiesel3
Is the LOLB strong side when there are tight ends on both sides? Like a Pro set for example? Because then maybe you do know what you're talking about I'm just curious.
well, I was going through this assumig that you ment a specific LB was to be labeled "weak-side LB" the whole year or something, which I do not ever hear...(exp. DeMarcus Ware plays weak-side LB for the Dallas Cowboys, and Anthony Spencer plays strong-side LB)

if there are 2 TEs then the strong side would still be the QB's front I believe...unless like the FB (if they exist) and WRs are all on the QB's left side for that play, then I think that would be seen as the strong side going left...

If the formation is a complete mirror, (like the I-formation, or single-back) with a WR on each side then I think the strong side is still considered the QB's front...

I think there are only like 2 QBs in the NFL that are left handed, although I can't remember which off the top of my head, I do know that Steve Young is considered the greatest left handed QB ever...It is a rarity in the NFL, maybe like a left handed pitcher/hitter or something...

so for the most part the strong side is almost always the right side...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote