View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 10:52 AM   #22
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: John Wall is very overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegr8
I agree with this somewhat, but I think what makes Wall a unique player is his combination of gifts, not any one trait. Conley and Wall are both fast no doubt, but Conley isn't nearly as tall or long as Wall, and he doesn't have the same growth potential as Wall either (in this instance I'm referring to ability to add good weight.) Livingston is tall, taller than Wall even, but he didn't change ends nearly as well as Wall does IMO. Francis is athletic, but he isn't as tall, long or as gifted a playmaker as Wall is. Because Wall combines unique size for the position with speed, explosiveness, length, skill and very good intangibles, I believe his physical package is pretty rare for this league.

I don't think he'll be the best pg in the league though (he might, but I don't think that he will.) I can see him being a top 5 pg in the league in the next five seasons, behind Deron Williams, CP3 and perhaps Rose, but in the same stratosphere as Russell Westbrook and Rajon Rondo.
Rondo is and will continue to be ahead or Rose so I don't see how wall would be in the same stratosphere
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote