View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 AM   #18
TiMavericks21
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Mav
Ti, saying Terry had a poor outing last night is being kind. He was horrible on both ends of the floor. The good thing about that is that Avery realized it and pulled him. Which should leave him with fresher legs for tonight. Hopefully he doesn't try to force it and take bad shots. Dirk left the court a couple of times last night during the game. Makes me wonder if he's still not quite right. But you can bet he'll be out there ready to go. I think he'll have a good game. If he's not on with his shot, he'll look to hit the boards and pass. And with the way Josh is playing, that's not a bad thing. We'll need some help from the bench. George has been playing nice on both ends of the court lately. But it would be nice to get something from Buck or Stack.

Defensively, he was weak and deserved to get pulled for that performance. However, the commentators were speaking like he had an atrocious shooting night, which he didn't, he didn't take many shots. He was 0-4 FG, which constitutes a poor game for him because his head obviously wasn't in the game. Great move by Avery to recognize this. I'm pretty excited about the way Devean George has been playing. His shot has been "money in the bank" and his defense and rebounding have been superb. I agree, I'm still not sold on Buckner, but Stack looked good while he was in last night, Avery was just resting his ankle so he doesn't further that injury. Don't get me wrong, I love Stack, but it's important that they have him healthy and energized come playoff time that making MAJOR contributions during the regular season. His ability to post up smalling SG's in invaluable and when the time comes he'll be ready. Lastly, what's the deal with these Anthony Johnson trade rumors. I don't really understand when a team is playing extremely well, why make a trade. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. It's probably just speculation, but I don't know if I like tinkering with their rotation right now. One of the reasons they acquired him was for playoff experience, so no need to make any transactions at the moment. Big game tonight, let's get that W.
TiMavericks21 is offline   Reply With Quote