View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 07:37 AM   #25
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Default Re: The WNBA Noitu Lovers' take on LeBron's decision

I think the Bulls are poised for something great this year. They've been the "potential" team for a while but I think they turned a corner at the end of last year that I expect them to keep that momentum, it was just a real sense of confidence. Boozer is a blue collar guy with legit scoring skills, he brings a lot to the table, to put him next to Noah and have Gibson in an Odom-like role is a great luxury. Derrick Rose was recovering from injury throughout the year but was outright ridiculous by the time the Cavs series came up. Luol Deng is inconsistent but good on both ends and has a high upside. Korver and Redick are great signings, having a couple knock-down shooters on a team with versatile talent can only make things easier. Noah really should have been MIP to me, guy just took it to a whole other level, he's got that rodman, prime-ben wallace gene and a lot of size to go with it. Essence rare. I'm excited about watching them. There's still some more shifting in the coming weeks too methinks.

My best basketball friend back home is a huge bulls guy (Iowa kids usually root for chicago teams -- they're our "local" team) and he was ready for Vinny to go, said word around town was he'd lost the team a long time ago. It's hard for me to judge a team's coach when I only see them a couple times a month but I also had the feeling something was wrong there. We obviously don't know much about Thibs as a head coach but people seem to think he's a keen basketball mind and if nothing else, a breath of fresh air.

I like them for third in the east but wouldn't be shocked if they slipped ahead of Orlando or Miami. I wouldn't be shocked if they fell behind Boston or Atlanta either, but that would still be a big step up and I think they'll compete with all of those teams in a 7 game series.

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 07-14-2010 at 07:39 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote