View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 10:14 AM   #14
disco
Great young streetballer

disco has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Him
I have seen no evidence of that at all

He looks weak, can run/drive but his driving ability is useless against quick athletic big men in the nba.

I am not saying he could defend shaq or duncan or any other good inside player in the nba, but he is used to defending inside. He defended Dalibor Bagaric (7'1/250?) in the Italian playoffs and did really well.

What I'm saying is that comparing him as a prospect to Skita or Dirk is not sensible. He could become a player like Dirk, but they have very different starting points for their nba careers. And comparing him to SKita is simply stupid.

Despite Bargnani's ability to move well, he has a strong body, unlike Skita or pre-nba Dirk. I was originally replying to a comment that Bargnani reminds them, and expressed my opinion that comparing him to young Pau Gasol makes much more sense.

I wouldn't draft Bargnani with the first pick, and I am not saying he is the best proscpect of this draft. All I am saying is that people who compare him as a draft prospect to someone like Skita or Darko probably base their opinions only to the fact that all three of them are tall and from europe.
disco is offline   Reply With Quote