View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 11:43 AM   #27
AxionJaxion
Semper Primus

Default Re: Most Overrated Recruits Of All-Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGame414
Axion, you're lucky you were allowed to stick around after your first round of douchebaggery. This was a stupid thread that was poorly thought-out, and I responded at length more than once, explaining why.

If you continue to be a prick, your second tour of obnoxiousness will be cut very short.

Please tell me where Rickert was hyped as another Larry Bird. And even if he was, that's more of a case of idiots breathlessly heaping unrealistic expectations on a kid than him being "overrated." Again, he was a good college player who made a mistake in going pro too early.

And this stupid assertion that Josh McRoberts'- or anyone else's- performance in college is meaningless because a few guys went pro straight out of high school....you can't really believe that, can you? Yes, McRoberts was soft and received plenty of criticism for being so, but again, that's another case of a guy going pro too early. That doesn't make him one of the most overrated recruits ever. He'd have been an All-American had he stayed for his junior year.
This thread's done now. Stop being an ass.

In the Valley of the Blind, the one-eyed man is king. All bigs worth their salt aren't in college past one year,and in the mid-00s they weren't even stepping foot on college courts.

Rick Rickert and Josh McRoberts were rated at or near the top of their class. Neither dominated the college game, both were soft as Hell, and neither made/has made an impact in the pros, thus they were egregiously overrated. As was Greg Paulus, Brian Zoubek, and a slew of others. In a few years, I'm fairly confident we'll be able to say the same about Jared Sullinger, while Perry Jones is playing in All Star games.

Last edited by AxionJaxion : 07-29-2010 at 11:46 AM.
AxionJaxion is offline   Reply With Quote