View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 11:44 PM   #7
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: anyone else here able to grip the ball w/ one hand and not the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggin916
Mostly it's just about hand size. The average guys hands are like 7.5 inches long and I don't know how wide but from the tip of your pinky to the tip of your thumb is about as long as you hand... if you have like 8.5+ hands palming a ball is easy and you can probably do it with your off hand without much of a problem as well.
This is going to sound ridiculous, but I've wondered if the relative moisture level of one's hands could also make a difference. In the winter, when my hands go all to hell and dry and crack all over the place, palming a cold basketball with my right hand seems mostly impossible. Come summer time, a little bit of heat and humidity in the air, hands nice and normal, twice as easy to palm a basketball. Like clockwork.

My hands are 8.5 long wide and 8.25 inches long.

And yes, I agree the biggest factor in palming a rock is hand size, I was just throwing out a contributing factor in my case.
Rake2204 is offline   Reply With Quote