View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 03:24 AM   #5
zac
Local High School Star

zac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat coolzac is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Should Grizzlies invest long-term in Zach Randolph?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Trust me, just about every source that deals with the NBA has said that many teams were going to offer Gay the max. Teams had space to burn and Gay was the cream of the crop after the established stars that made all the headlines. Minnesota,NJ and LAC at the very least. If you let someone else dictate the terms, they will structure it so you have to make a huge up front payment or something else you'd rather not deal with, so it was better to just get it done if they were in deed going to match the max.

They will not have the right to match Zach Randolph. He'll be unrestricted where Gay was restricted.
Exactly. They should have just signed Gay to an extension last year but I don't think they expected so many teams to have such huge cap space and Gay was considered to be a pretty good pick up for a lot of teams. If Randolphs season this year is anything like it was last year I can't imagine other teams not going after him. He seems to like Memphis so maybe if he believes in the team and wants to stay he will take a little less to stay here since he fits in so well but who knows.
zac is offline   Reply With Quote