View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 03:04 AM   #37
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
From what I saw of this game[everything but the first quarter], the only reason the Heat would get the breaks would be either off of strips, blocks or Kobe looking for a foul and not to put the ball into the hoop, while everytime I saw Wade drive, he was looking to get the ball into the hoop[exception being the last drive] instead of jumping up and throwing his arms. It's simple, you drive, look to score and get hacked, the refs blow the whistle, you drive with the only intent of drawing a foul, then throw your arms in the air after being stripped, no call.

There were a number of plays in tonights game where Bryant was hit and the whistle should have been blown. There's really nothing to quarrel about. It's a simple fact that Bryant wasn't given a fair shot tonight. There's no question. No argument can be made to intimate that he was treated fairly. I don't think it's a deliberate bias by the refs or anything of that nature, but it just turned out that Bryant didn't get many of the calls he deserved. Whether he threw his arms up, or was looking for fouls, fouls were committed... They should have been called... They weren't called.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote