View Single Post
Old 01-16-2007, 08:21 PM   #1
nugsfreak
the real slim shady

nugsfreak has an OK reputation so far
Default OT: a little about me

hi every one !

My name is Jason I am 21 and live in colorado springs Co. I am currently going to school to become a heating and air conditioning mechanic. when I was 13 I was diagnosed with a rare disease called perthes disease and had to have my hip reconstructed when I was 15 years old. perthes disease attacks the hip socket cutting off the blood supply to the hip for about a month causing serious ware and grinding of the hip and the socket. Perthes usually strikes kids around 5 years of age and after that it worstens 5 times each year. when I saw my surgeon he told me I was the worst case he has seen and he has been studying this desease for 15 years. I was the first patient my age to have a procedure called a "a shelf procedure" done and obviously the outcome was not certain. once the procedure was done and I healed for six weeks I had to learn how to walk again which was one of the most painful experiences I have had to endure which took another six weeks.

right now I am able to walk with little or no pain and the outcome was better than expected.

I just thought I might share a little about me.
nugsfreak is offline   Reply With Quote