View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 05:38 AM   #11
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

Default Re: Damn, this forum is dead!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastradamus
Well there has been me, DD24 and a few others around this summer. Where were you?

People's reaction to the Billups trade is annoying. I'd have rather traded Rip, but I didn't want to pay Billups for 3 more years, we needed a change, we needed cap space, we needed youth and we needed to see what Stuckey could do at the point. Everyone wanted to flip out because he wasn't Steve Nash overnight. Chill the F out already. Notice nowhere did I say anything about Iverson, he was not the reason for anything.
Im around. I bet I have 1 post in each thread longer than 5 posts.

Regardless, Im looking forward to this season. This team will be better than the pundits realize. Only issue is size, and with wallace and maxiell, Im not too worried. Im still not sold on CV, but I love JJ's hustle and determination. Who knows what monroe will really bring? Last lotto pick we had didnt amount to much. I kinda wish we still had afflalo, but the guard position is stacked.

Prince, Im kinda not sure about anymore. great complimentary player, but why are we paying a comp player that salary if he cant extend his game? Great intangible player, but I kinda wanna see what daye and JJ can do at the 3.

As for hamilton? The extension was stupid, that was clear. can you imagine this team as billups-stuckey-afflalo-bynum? forget BG or AI or Tmac, that 4some is about as solid and versatile a guard lineup you can get.

that being said, no sense trading him (hamilton) for a pu-pu platter. Might as well let the season develop and have some teams get desperate (hopefully not us!).

I still think stuck can be a 1. hes better as a d-wadish ball dominant 2 guard though.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote