View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 11:08 PM   #11
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

haterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this boardhaterofhaters is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vman23
Your talking about a dude who in his first All-Star team said that he we was going to be the MVP of the game. A dude who said that Wade and Eddie Jones together didn't equal Kobe. A dude who said that a monkey could shoot better than Gerald Wallace. A dude who guaranteed the playoffs when he first signed with the Wiz. A dude who when an NBA scout asked him what he would be doing if he wasn't in the NBA, he said he would be an international pimp.

I'm telling you, he's always been like this. Your just noticing it now because of all the media hype. Only in his most serious moments is he humbled, but when he's talking to the media he's almost always in 'entertainer' mode. He's absolutely tongue in cheek.

I know he's a dude, dude. But anyways, the difference between when he said those statements then and now is that before people thought he was joking. The thing is, just because someone is smiling when they give cocky statements about their abilities doesn't mean they are humble and joking about it. i guess apparently he's always felt the same about himself, and now he's getting the comfirmation by the media he needed to push him over the top.

Last edited by haterofhaters : 01-20-2007 at 11:20 PM.
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote