View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 05:41 AM   #25
shadow
Laker fan here

Quote:
Originally Posted by haterofhaters
Maybe Shaq gets a pass from others for what he says but not from me. The stuff he says is worse than Gilbert, Kobe, Damon Jones, and Freddie Mitchell combined, lol.

Like seriously, the guy has said he's better than Wilt, Kareem, etc., he said he's the best player in the league hands down, he took all the credit for "handing down the reigns" to DW last year and instead of saying the guy just took it himself he says sh!t like, "oh, he's humble. i told him he was gonna take it and that's what he did. he listens to me. he takes orders, he's my little beyatch basically, lol.

Oh I agree with you. Even when he was a laker the **** that came out of his mouth annoyed me, and I'm sure Gilbos act will wear thin too if it continues. The thing I was talking about though was mass media. These guys are portrayed by the media in a certain way.
Example shaq really is an arrogant prick. But he's also a funny, likable guy who gets along with everyone. Hence he's known as a jovial giant and get's away with saying crap. Gilbo might develop the same rep who knows. Probably not since I doubt he'll be leading his team to rings any time soon but it may happen.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote