View Single Post
Old 01-21-2007, 05:48 AM   #26
haterofhaters
Fantasy Forum Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow
Oh I agree with you. Even when he was a laker the **** that came out of his mouth annoyed me, and I'm sure Gilbos act will wear thin too if it continues. The thing I was talking about though was mass media. These guys are portrayed by the media in a certain way.
Example shaq really is an arrogant prick. But he's also a funny, likable guy who gets along with everyone. Hence he's known as a jovial giant and get's away with saying crap. Gilbo might develop the same rep who knows. Probably not since I doubt he'll be leading his team to rings any time soon but it may happen.

agreed. Shaq's likability does help him get away with his statements. If Kobe was saying half the stuff that Shaq has said, he'd be hated a million times more than he is now.

Gilbert also has the likability factor at this point, but I do think that if people really thought long and hard about it, not everything he says is a joke. He might say it in such a way that it always seems like it, but it's not.

For example, put Gil in Kobe's shoes for the 81 point game. Gil might get away with saying.. Oh, it was the best scoring input in nba history, better than Jordan, creeping up on wilt. And could be like, well i'm definitely a better scorer than Larry Legend.. and every1 would laugh. But how would we know what he really thought? Whereas if Kobe said that, even with a smile, ppl would definitely be like.. Kobe doesn't joke. He means it and he's an arrogant son of a b*tch. Know what i mean?
haterofhaters is offline   Reply With Quote