Thread: Tyrus Thomas.
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 05:30 AM   #7
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
Thomas will only be a bust if you expect too much out of him. If you expect 20 points a game he will be a bust ya because he will never be a star. With that said I would want him on my team to score 8 points, 8 boards, 3 blocks, and a great hustle player. He will be widely regarded as a bust though because those numbers don't cut it for a top 5 player.
You just described someone who should go in the mid to late first round.............

If he puts up those numbers and he goes in the top 10, he is a bust. I don't care what you expect of him. Scouts and GMs and a lot of fans are on his jock. Some going so far as to call him the best player/talent in the draft.

Me, personally, I don't know what to expect from him. Honestly, I don't think we got to see enough of him to evaluate him as a player. Most players are known before they hit the NCAA through the HS and AAU circuit. No one knew who Tyrus Thomas was.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote