View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 02:20 AM   #1
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default The psychology behind plastic surgery

I was having a debate on another messageboard about the fact that I personally believe that people that have plastic surgery for purely cosmetic reasons are generally people that have "issues".

I was then asked the question of "if you had a wife, and she had a mastectomy (removal of one, or two breats usually for cancer) would you think it was wrong if she went and had breast implants?"

My response to that logic was that corrective surgery, to replace, and or repair a damaged and, or missing part of your body is VASTLY different than the sheer vanity of a woman that physically changes the way she looks just to "make herself feel better"

Of course, on this board, it was mostly FEMALES up in arms about this, because to me, its generally a female trait to feel like they need to constantly be beautiful for the masses....but like I said, Im of the opinion, that there is no debate....and its quite obvious that a woman, OR A MAN...that gets pure cosmetic surgery (breast implants, chin, eyes, face lift, nose job, etc) is someone that has issues with themselves.

What say you? Most of the females there thought it was "normal" and nothing wrong with it....(which is true, nothing WRONG with getting work) but the fact to me, remains true.....YOU HAVE ISSUES.

Fact, or fiction?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote