View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Andray Blatche changes eating habits

Since returning a few days into training camp, Blatche has been trying to get his conditioning back to where it was before the injury. He is taking extra sprints after practice, showing up at 10 p.m. to shoot and said he recently decided to remove red meat from his diet. But getting in shape remains a challenge. Blatche admits that he often has a hard time sleeping at night and rarely closes his eyes before 1:30 a.m. If he's in bed before then, he'll click the remote and watch some television until he dozes off. But staying up late usually leads to cravings for snacks. Washington Post

"I eat late, that's how I gain weight," Blatche said. He once could cover for those poor eating habits through extra training, but they became a problem when the foot injury made him more sedentary. It also made his recovery more difficult. "I hadn't been on the court for four months, so that's tough," said Blatche, who is averaging 15.7 points and 5.7 rebounds this season. "Without basketball, I lost some of my rhythm. I'm trying to gain it back. I'm just taking it a game at a time. Once I get it, I'm going to get back to the type of player I know I can be." Washington Post

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz14XEj4D1S
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote