View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 05:11 PM   #14
Nastradamus
Local High School Star

Nastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat coolNastradamus is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Rodney Stuckey and coach Kuester having problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Since when is Kaman a terrible defender? I wouldn't say he is great but I wouldn't say he is bad. I think in the right system he could be better too. The jury is still out on Monroe. I've actually liked what I've seen so far. He is our best rebounder rightnow and passes great just like everyone has said. I think defense is something anybody can do if they really want to. It's almost a matter of will rather than skill. Of course you have to be able to read the offensive players which is something that can be learned through video tape.

I also can't think of any other centers that will likely be available. I highly doubt Portland is going to let Oden walk. Marc Gasol will probably end up with the Grizzlies again. Who else do you want? Don't give me someone like Fesenko either. I mean a proven basketball player.

Not saying it's likely at all, but if Oden is somehow a FA I'd like to offer him as much as we can. Take the gamble, F it. How often do you get a shot at a dominant C?? There is a point where Port can't match. However, we likely lack the cap space unless we deal Rip for expirings.

I would take Kaman, don't get me wrong, but it's not going to solve our issues. I'm a CMU alum and a fan of Kaman, but make no mistake about it, he is TERRIBLE defensively, other than shot blocking. This isn't an opinion thing or anything like that. It's a commonly known fact. i do not mean to disrespect you or come at you like an A-hole, but i want to make this clear. I'd personally rather have a guy like Gortat who can defend the 5 and pair well with our offensive minded bigs like Monroe,CV and Daye. Basically a young version of what Wallace is now. Some other options might be a guy like Pryzbilla,Dampier,Chandler,Okafor(big contract so might be dealt despite very good play on both ends so far this year), etc.

Monroe will be fine defensively with his length, but he won't be dominant is all I said. I think of Monroe's highest ceiling, on both ends of the floor, as being Pau Gasol. He has become a very nice defender who uses his length to cover his arse at times. That's be GREAT from Monroe IMO, just fine. I like GM, trust me.
Nastradamus is offline   Reply With Quote