View Single Post
Old 06-25-2006, 11:18 PM   #1
BeckDiggLer
Decent playground baller

Default How to Fix the Lakers in less than one week

The Problem:

1-Brown does not compete, if he starts poorly he will sulk the rest of the game and he shows a complete lack of enthusiasm on the offensive end, dude never fights for better offensive positioning or for key rebounds (remember game 7 vs.pho)
2-Odom is a fu..king fool and he can't or will not conform to the triangle offense, it seems he is not a system type player. Odom is unable to read defenders he can't make an adjustment on the fly when he is making the quick cuts that are required in the triangle. He has never consistently been able to get good low-post positioning or easy lay-ups out of the triangle due to the fact that he is better suited for a team that will allow him to play more one on one basketball and utilize his great ball handling skills.
3-Parker is not the answer at the point guard position. He can not be relied upon in big game situations.

Therefore, the Lakers must find three starters to play along side the other two starters Walton and Bryant.

First, they must find guys that can play in a system, here is a list of dudes I believe fit the bill:
Webber
Boozer
Grant Hill
Duhon
Malik Allen
Magloire
Mo Williams

I would start may trading Odom (12.0 mill) to Mil for Magloire (9.8 mill) & Williams (2.0 mill)
Then I would trade Mihm (4.0mill) to Chi for Duhon (3.0) and Allen (1.8 mill)
I would top it off by drafting Diaz out of the U in the 1st round and Bowman out of G-Town in the sec.rd
Then I would sign David Noel as an undrafted free agent and develop him into becoming a stopper along with Bowman

That would give the Lakers a line-up of
Magloire/Bynam/Brown
Allen/Cook/Turiaf
Walton/Bowman/Noel
Bryant/Diaz/McKie
Duhon/Williams/Vujacic

This team would be a contender within two years.

Last edited by BeckDiggLer : 06-25-2006 at 11:21 PM.
BeckDiggLer is offline   Reply With Quote