View Single Post
Old 11-18-2010, 07:11 AM   #23
Boda
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: Alright b*tches.... lets start up some Wolves conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone
Minnesota is looking decent at the beginning of the season. B-Easy and K-Love are doing their thang!!! Any word on when Flynn will return?
Flynn has the possibility to be back any day, the first initial reports were that he could play this week, however he is still listed as day to day and here is a little article about it.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_...nclick_check=1

When Timberwolves point guard Jonny Flynn had hip surgery in July, the initial projection for his return to the court was mid- to late November. Flynn is closing in on that window, but he remains uncertain when he will play his first game this season.

The tedious recovery process has prompted Flynn to discard the timeline for a possible return and change his status to "day to day."

"I'm not sure right now," Flynn said at Wednesday morning's shootaround, responding to questions on when he expects to play. "Every day I come in, I feel different every single day. The progress is going well. I'm just trying to get my legs back under me."

Wolves coach Kurt Rambis said Flynn is still "a ways away" from playing in a game. Flynn had surgery on July 27 to repair a torn labrum in his left hip. Flynn said he knew it might take "three to four months" before he makes a full recovery, but the uncertainty appears to be weighing on the second-year guard.

"I can't remember anything remotely close to being out this long from playing ball," Flynn said. "I can see the light, but I still have to be cautious."

Flynn was cleared two weeks ago for full-contact practices with the team. He also has been doing individual workouts, conditioning and weightlifting sessions with assistant coach Darrick Martin. Flynn admitted he has been sore after some of the workouts, but he said the soreness was unrelated to his hip.

"I'm doing a lot of things at one time that I haven't done in three months," Flynn said. "I have to get used to that."
Boda is offline   Reply With Quote