Thread: Ty Lawson.
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Ty Lawson.

When's he ready to step up and start? With Billups playing awful to start the year and Ty not really stepping up as much as he could be when does Ty Lawson get his chance to start?. Karl's showed IMO he'll have anyone come off the bench and he'll go with the lineup he wants. So when does Ty force Karl's hand and make it a true question?.

Quick glance over some game logs. When Ty plays 27 minutes or more he averages 15.8\4.8\2.5 on 55% and 46% from deep.15 games. We all know he had his tear last year when Billups was out too. His best aspect tho is the way he controls the tempo. Can push it in transition and has no problem slowing it down and running a play.

13.8\4.7\1.9 on 34%\31% in 32 minutes. 13 games. Is what Billups is doing right now.

In my opinion I say start Lawson right now or within 5-6 games if Denver keeps up the slow start. Billups won't mind and can still space the floor in the 2nd unit. Lawson's penetration will do wonders for the starters and he can still space the floor all tho not as good as Billups. With Denver's slow start we need something that says to Melo "you need to stay". A team that's 8-6 doesn't say that. Maybe Denver turns it on and you can forget about this plan. If not why not risk Lawson breaking up and becoming a 16\8 kinda guy nightly. You don't lose production off the bench either because you've got Billups. Shows Melo some promise to the Nuggets future. If it doesn't work out you took your shot and at the very least groomed your future PG more.

Maybe it's because it's been 13 games. I just don't like what I'm seeing with Billups when I watch Lawson play
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote