View Single Post
Old 11-28-2010, 05:55 AM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

Default Re: Let's talk Charlie V

"I'm not known for that, diving for loose balls, I just want to win games." Villanueva said, laughing. "Last year was a tough year for all of us. Now I'm just doing whatever it takes, man, whatever it takes." That mantra didn't just start at training camp. It began this past April, at arguably Villanueva's lowest point as a Piston. He and Austin Daye missed the team flight to Philadelphia. Detroit News

Once he arrived after flying commercial, Kuester and Pistons President Joe Dumars were waiting at the team hotel and they had a long chat. In short, Dumars told him another season like 2009-10 was unacceptable. Villanueva, who said he looks at Dumars like a father figure, took the words to heart. "Yeah, last year I was out of my character," said Villanueva, citing nagging injuries that limited him and the frustration of losing. "Joe brought me back into focus." Detroit News

"My brother, he's family so he got in my ear, too," said Charlie, who signed a five-year, $35 million deal in July 2009. "It was just honest, it was no malicious intent. They all told me what they felt about it. They truly care for me." Detroit News

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_rumor...#ixzz16ZN9Tpuo
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote