View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 04:43 PM   #7
Rose
The cat's pajamas

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Don't count Brandon Roy out yet: Looking into meniscus transplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
Yeah, well he is out "indefinitely". I bet he comes back for a few games and then they shut him down for the season. No point in damaging your knee any more. Overcompensating is an issue as well.

I totally agree with the Tommy John reference. If it works, he can come back and be the player he used to be(atleast 85% I'd assume) and help other players as well. Right now he's obviously not that.
Well Roy's being stupid. I tore my meniscus in high school, and regretted coming back too soon. Which he obviously did last year. And this year.

They tell you "take lots of rest, and train up your muscles to carry on the extra stress" He has the Eric Snow syndrome too of both knees being gone which means he needs to slow things down and reinvent himself which I've said all along. IF I were Roy, I wouldn't let my pride get me, and I'd play less minutes especially considering they have: Wesley Matthews, and Rudy Fernandez to back him up. No way in hell i'd be shortening my career by playing 35 minutes a night. I'd play 25 a night and that would be that.

And yeah. If he comes back that could COMPLETELY change some guys' career. Paul for example as we've both said. and I'm sure there's a host of other guys with no meniscus we're not thinking of.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote