View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 02:21 AM   #10
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Default Re: Keith Bogans has scored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal

I agree on the times Bogans passes up shots sometimes. When he's wide open for a three, sometimes he will bumble the ball after a pass and then dribble out and pass back to Rose instead of get a clean shot off.

Thing is though, we brought in Boozer to take a bunch of extra shots. Bogans was never meant to take many more shots than he is now. At most Bogans could be taking one more shot per game without probably just hurting the team in the long run.

At the same time though, I'm looking at the alternative. Guys like Parker who are "more aggressive". Despite his better 3pt%, his overall efficiency is worse.

So while he's definitely not contributing 8-10 PPG which would be cool, at least he isn't wasting possessions by taking bad shots. Remember . . .scoring is good, but bricking is equally negative as a score would've been positive. Not making a shot adds no positive, but not bricking one adds no negatives.

He doesn't add a big positive offensively, but he doesn't waste shots either. . .I'm sort of looking at it at the molecular level basically. I'm cool with Bogans' not scoring a lot since he at least isn't bricking a lot too. I would much rather Rose, Boozer, Noah, and Deng be sharing those spare 1-2 shots that Bogans isn't taking.

I'm with you though, if he somehow was better, and got open more I'd like that. I just hope you guys realize that Bogans isn't actually hurting the team by not getting more points since when he does take the shots since he's at least not bricking and turning the ball over a lot :P I'd be more annoyed though if he was playing 28-30 mins a game and only getting 4 points. 17 though. . .he's just a roleplayer guys :P and has been better lately.

YOu brought up an interesting point about Boozer bec Carlos is already taking 15 shots per game(Taj and Warrick were taking significanly less shots last year), Rose is taking about 3 more attempts for 20/game, Deng taking 3 more 3pt shots/game, so how many shots exactly do you want them to take just bec Bogans is being OVER selective with his shots.
While I agree that he really doesn't hurt the team bec he doesn't brick too many shots, I believe he is not exactly helping this club either bec of his lack of confidence, if he is, he would be playing more than 18 mins/game.
Like I said in other threads, I think its unfair to simply look at Anthony Parker's stats bec he has a different situation at Cleveland where his defender every game has NO REASON to leave him open, averaging 40% from the 3pt area with a hand on his face. On the other hand Keith is getting MORE open looks bec of the extra attention on Rose and Boozer.
To me Bogans is a token starter and stop gap so Brewer and Korver and sneak in and provide energy to the bench and hoping that opposing coaches would not be thoroughy prepared to deal with them.

Last edited by tamaraw08 : 02-19-2011 at 02:25 AM.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote